by MyMilk Labs
Early testing community. MyMIlk Scanner user guide for moms. using Bluetooth device. version July2020
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY GLITCH OR ERROR!
Here is a user guide on common problems you may encounter. Don’t worry, most of will become more natural once you become familiar with the use of the system.
There are some things that may go wrong. Here is the list of things you should pay attention to:
- Make sure the milk chamber is filled with sample. Make sure that the milk surface just covers the chamber interception. If you are not sure It better to have 2 more milk drops in the chamber J
- The chamber was connected to the device too early, disconnect the chamber and start again, make sure to wait 10 seconds from when you see the message “insert 5 milk drops into the chamber then connect to device” and when you connect the milk chamber. Press OK only after the chamber is connected. Then press Scan.
- The chamber is not connected well to the Mylee device. When connecting the chamber, you should hear a click. Perform the attachment is one swift move, and hear a click.
- The Bluetooth was disconnected, or the Mylee device was shut down. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the internet and that Bluetooth connection is enabled. Once device is on, blinking blue light appears on the Mylee. Once Bluetooth is connected the light stops blinking and becomes stable.
- Still not working? Leave the MyScan screen, and press a new scan circle from MyDay screen, and do the steps again. If still not working, force quit the App, then re-open try again.
- Check if the Chamber is leaking. Sorry for that, these units are prototype. for signal the electrode surface must be dry. Informed us.
- Nothing works? it can be a bug (yep we have them…) – contact us through the app (My Care Team>MyMilk Tech support) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make sure the milk chamber is full with milk
- Make sure the Mylee device is turned-on. Once device is on, blinking blue light appears on the Mylee.
- Make sure the Mylee device is linked via Bluetooth, or link it at My Scan screen. Once device is linked, the blue light is constantly on, and the message “insert 5 milk drops into the chamber then connect to device” appears on screen.
- Make sure the milk chamber is disconnected from the Mylee device for at least 10 seconds
- Wait 8-10 seconds and click the milk-filled chamber to the Mylee device, press ok and save
Your milk maturation status and insights appears at MyInsights screen..
* It is recommended to perform the full sample read twice before saving, to make sure you save a consistent read. For rescan, first disconnect chamber from Mylee, and repeat the steps. It is important to wait about 10 seconds from connecting device to chamber clicking.
- Open the MyScan screen through the daily scan task circle or via the bottom menu.
- Turn-on the Mylee device, by pressing the ON button (at the bottom of the device). Once turned-on, blue light start to blink on the device.
- Link the Mylee device via Bluetooth, by Pressing Connect to milk scanner, on the MyScan screen.
- Once device is linked, the blue light on the Mylee stop blinking and is stays constant.
- Make sure the smartphone is connected to the internet and that Bluetooth connections are enabled.
- Sometime Bluetooth connection is lost, and you will need to relink the device. Make sure the device blue light is constantly on when trying to scan a milk sample. If not, exit and re-link the device.
At the first use of the Mylee, you will need to register your device barcode prior to accessing the MyScan screen. You will be asked to register device’s barcode – you can type it or scan it via the barcode icon. Your barcode appears on device spec and box.
Sure! Here are some important points though:
- Preparing the milk sample: Do not directly scan a cold sample.
It is important to have the milk sample at room temperature (between 20-37c) for the scan, and to make sure you mix the milk well before taking the sample into the device (don’t shake to avoid foam). Rotate the bag/vessel and turn up and down several times.
- Recording sample expression Date. It is very important to log the scan at the DATE and TIME that the sample was expressed, and NOT as today scan. You can navigate to the correct DATE via My Day Screen, using the dairy navigation tool at the top of the screen, and press scan circle (Right/Left). Or go to My Scan directly at the bottom menu, and record the date of expression.If this is a sample from the first 5 days after birth, it is important to log correctly the Time (hour) of milk expression as well. You will need to adjust it via the My Scan screen. When entering any scan info, you need to fill all scan details (Breast size, difficulty, and Date and Time).If you navigated the date, do not forget to return to TODAY, at MyDay screen! You can go by date or press on GO TO TODAY upper left link. You will know you are in the Today log, as the date in the date navigation tool will be marked in blue.
WHERE DO I SEE THE RESULT OF THAT PREVIOUS SCAN?
You can see the scan progress, including any previous scans entered, in the scan chart on My Insights. Specific scan info can be accessed at ALL my Scan @ My Scan screen. If you had more recent milk scans, the “older” scans entered will not be presented at the top of My Insights Screen, as it presents the most recent scans.
At the first use of the Mylee device OR at the first use after app re-download you will need to register your device barcode for scanner activation.
If your My Scan Screen is block, you probably did not activate your Scanner. So if you try to log to MyScan screen, or press the scan ⃝task on My Day screen, you will be redirected to My Scanner screen. You can return to your My Scanner screen, via settings (top,right)> MyMilk Scanner.
Register the barcode of your device and press Apply. You can scan it via the barcode reader. Device barcode appears on your scanner kit and user WELCOME spec provided in the box. Double check or use the barcode reader to avoide typing errors.
Once activated you can start scanning.
You can return to your My Scanner parameter screen, via settings ] > MyMilk Scanner.
- Did you SAVE the scan? When performing scanning you should SAVE the readout prior of leaving the MyScran screen. Either by pressing SAVE at the upper left of the MyScan screen, or at the alert box asking for saving.
If your App closed, forced quitted or crashed once you were @MyScan, your read was not saved.
- Maybe you saved the readout at the wrong date. Either you pressed the Scan circle event from different date @My Day screen, or you selected a wrong date info @MyScan screen.
MyDay screen is built in a diary format, days appear at the top of the app, and you can navigate through the dates and record retroactive info. Make sure you are at the right date of the day of milk expression. If you need to return to TODAY, you can go by the days or press on the GO TO TODAY link at the top left. You will know you are in the Today screen, as the date in the day in the navigation tool will be marked in blue, and the correct date appears to the right of the heart (in light gray).
*You can see ALL your scans log in My Scan screen, via ALL SCANS. You can edit or delete each scan, by dragging to left each specific scan in the table.
- Maybe you adjust the scan info at the @My Scan screen, and either recorded some data incorrectly or data was not saved correctly. When pressing to change scan info (breast side, difficulty, or date), the form may reset the data. Make sure the DATE of scan is accurately recorded, and the choice date is presented when returning to the My Scan screen.
- You keep seeing “Repeat Milk Measurement… Error” on insight screen? Go to all my scans, find the specific error scan (usually gray) and either delete it by sliding the raw, or re-scan on it by taping on the line, record on it a re-scan result, and save the new result.
- Nothing works? – Contact us through the app (My Care Team>MyMilk Tech support) or email email@example.com . add print screens as possible.
We constantly seek to improve our product and our mom user experience. So, we need your feedback. Share with us if you have any problem, or what can we do better! Anytime.
STILL NOTHING WORKS?