by MyMilk Labs
Early testing community. MyMIlk Scanner user guide for moms. version Jan2020
WE APOLOGIZE FOR ANY GLITCH OR ERROR!
Here is a user guide on common problems you may encounter. Don’t worry, most of will become more natural once you become familiar with the use of the system.
Could not see a number on the scanner screen or the number kept changing.
There are some things that may go wrong. Here is the list of things you should pay attention to:
- If this is small jumps of the last digit this is OK
- Sensing chamber is not full: Few causes can be linked: too small sample size, sample did not pass to the sensing chamber, or bobbles. Make sure the milk sensing chamber is filled with milk. Make sure you put enough milk, and that the milk passes from the sample chamber to the sensing chamber. Make sure the sample becomes visible through the filling of the slit in the milk sensing chamber. Sometime the milk (especially colostrum) stick and stuck in the milk sample chamber to the walls of the sample chamber, and you may need to shake a bit the scan in order to the liquid to move to the inner sensing chamber. If needed tilled the scanner to help the sample pass to the sensing chamber. Make sure no bobbles.
- Sample is non- homogenized: Make sure that there are no water drops leftover in the sensing chamber prior to milk introduction. If sample was collected and stored before scanning, make sure sample is fully homogenized and sample is at Room temp (about 25 degree).
- Check if the Chamber is leaking. Sorry for that, these units are prototype. You can take a read once the slit is fill with milk. Informed us.
- You cannot see a readout at all? Make sure device is turn ON. It has a self-shut down mechanism. Still not see? Maybe it has low battery or mechanical problem – Informed us.
- Place the device horizontally with the display panel facing up.
- Turn-ON the MyMilk Scanner
- Place a milk sample into the milk sample chamber at a slow rate.
- Make sure that the inner sensing chamber is fully filled and the strip slit is filled with milk.
- Before Recording the measurement, wait about 5 seconds until the number stabilizes.
- Take a good look on the screen when you take a measurement. In some cases, (specially in early milk, but not only), you will have x10 in the screen. This mean you need to add a zero to the recorded number in the App.
- In the App, go to MyDay screen, and press right/Left scan ⃝ task. Record the result and SAVE the reading, @MyScan screen.
- A milk sample should be read from each breast separately. Wash chamber between reading and after use. Make SURE NO water drop leftovers in chamber. Do not let the milk stay in the chamber.
- Go to @MyInsights screen to get your milk maturation status and insights.
Sure! Here are some important points though:
- Preparing the milk sample: Do not directly scan a cold sample.
It is important to have the milk sample at room temperature (between 20-37c) for the scan, and to make sure you mix the milk well before taking the sample into the device (don’t shake to avoid foam). Rotate the bag/vessel and turn up and down several times.
- Recording sample expression Date. It is very important to log the scan at the DATE and TIME that the sample was expressed, and NOT as today scan. You can navigate to the correct DATE via My Day Screen, using the dairy navigation tool at the top of the screen, and press scan circle (Right/Left). Or go to My Scan directly at the bottom menu, and record the date of expression.
If this is a sample from the first 5 days after birth, it is important to log correctly the Time (hour) of milk expression as well. You will need to adjust it via the My Scan screen. When entering any scan info, you need to fill all scan details (Breast size, difficulty, and Date and Time).
WHERE DO I SEE THE RESULT OF THAT PREVIOUS SCAN?
You can see the scan progress, including any previous scans entered, in the scan chart on My Insights. Specific scan info can be accessed at ALL my Scan @ My Scan screen. If you had more recent milk scans, the “older” scans entered will not be presented at the top of My Insights Screen, as it presents the most recent scans.
If you navigated the date, do not forget to return to TODAY, at MyDay screen. You can go by date or press on the TODAY upper left. You will know you are in the Today log, as the date in the date navigation tool will be marked in blue.
At the first use of the Mylee device you will need to register your device barcode for scanner activation.
If your My Scan Screen is block, you probably did not activate your Scanner. So if you try to log to MyScan screen, or press the scan ⃝task on My Day screen, you will be redirected to My Scanner screen. You can return to your My Scanner screen, via settings (top,right)> MyMilk Scanner.
Register the barcode of your device and press Apply. You can scan it via the barcode reader. Device barcode appears on your scanner kit and user WELCOME spec provided in the box. Double check or use the barcode reader to avoide typing errors.
Once activated you can start scanning.
- Did you SAVE the scan? When performing scanning you should SAVE the readout prior of leaving the MyScran screen. Either by pressing SAVE at the upper left of the MyScan screen, or at the alert box asking for saving.
If your App closed, forced quitted or crashed once you were @MyScan, your read was not saved.
- Maybe you saved the readout at the wrong date. Either you pressed the Scan circle event from different date @My Day screen, or you selected a wrong date info @MyScan screen.
MyDay screen is built in a diary format, days appear at the top of the app, and you can navigate through the dates and record retroactive info. Make sure you are at the right date of the day of milk expression. If you need to return to TODAY, you can go by the days or press on the TODAY link at the top left. You will know you are in the Today screen, as the date in the day in the navigation tool will be marked in blue, and the correct date appears to the right of the heart (in light gray).
*You can see ALL your scans log in My Scan screen, via ALL SCANS. However, you cannot currently delete a scan, but you can edit a wrong record by taping on the specific scan in all scan table.
- Maybe you adjust the scan info at the @My Scan screen, and either recorded some data incorrectly or data was not saved correctly. When pressing to change one of the scan info (breast side, difficulty, or date), the form resets and all data should be re-entered. Make sure the DATE of scan is accurately recorded, and the choice date is presented when returning to the My Scan screen.
- You keep seeing “Repeat Milk Measurement… Error” on insight screen? Go to all my scans, find the specific error scan (usually gray) and either delete it by sliding to the right the raw, or re-scan on it by taping on the line, record on it a re-scan result, and save the new result.
- Nothing works? – Contact us through the app (My Care Team>MyMilk Tech support) or email firstname.lastname@example.org . add print screens as possible.
We constantly seek to improve our product and our mom user experience. So, we need your feedback. Share with us if you have any problem, or what can we do better! Anytime.
STILL NOTHING WORKS?