SCANNER USER GUIDE
Early testing community. MyLee Bluetooth device- user guide for moms. version July2020
Collect a tiny, about 6 drops of breast milk, by hand expression, for scanning.
* Each breast should be sampled and scanned separately.
* It is recommended to collect the sample before breastfeeding and not directly after feeding.
* Milk can be collected directly into the milk chamber, or through a clean container (e.g. spoon or closed tube). Do not let sample wait in an open container as it can evaporate and reduce reliability of the scan.
* It is recommended to screen fresh samples! If needed, the sample can be kept up to 2h in RT in a closed container. (If scanning refrigerated sample, it is very important to bring the sample to room temperature before scan).
* In the first hours after birth – and in the first two days it may be difficult for you to collect the minimum sample volume. In such case you can either combine several attempts, or mix right and left samples.
If you use any nipple cream, wipe ointment leftovers from the nipple and wash with running water, before milk collection.
Do NOT dip the milk camber in a feeding container.
- Insert 6 drops of milk in the plastic chamber. Make sure the milk chamber is full, and milk is covering the internal wall. Place the full chamber on a clean surface, to avoid spill.
- In the App, go to MyDay screen, and press right/Left scan ⃝ task.
- The MyScan screen appears.
- Turn-on the mylee device, by pressing the On button on the scanner device. Place the device horizontally on a clean surface with the light facing up. Blue blinking light will appear on the device.
- Link the Mylee via Bluetooth, by pressing the “connect To milk scanner” blue link @MyScan screen. When the Mylee is connected via Bluetooth, the blue light become still.
- Wait 10 seconds and click the milk-filled chamber on the Mylee device, press ok on the App
- SAVE the reading, by the Save at the top left of the MyScan screen.
It is recommended to perform the full sample read twice before saving, to make sure you save a consistent read. For Rescan, first disconnect chamber from Mylee, wait 10 seconds, and repeat the steps. It is important to wait about 10 seconds from connecting device to clicking.
- A milk sample should be read from each breast separately. Wash chamber between reading as instructed below. Make SURE to dry well, with NO drop leftovers. If the sensing chamber is not dry, the result will not correctly represent the sample. Repeat on all steps for the other side.
- Go to @MyInsights screen to get your milk maturation status and insights.
- Disregard milk sample (to sink or disposable container), and wash milk chamber as instructed below with tap water only (Do Not use soap, or hot water). Do not let the milk stay in the chamber, it may dry and affect your device accuracy. Do not use the milk sample that was used by the scanner for any use, Do not feed with this sample.
If you do not get a read, It may be linked to in appropriate scanning procedure, so check the mylee is on and connected by Bluetooth (Blue light ON), separate the Chamber, wait 10 sec and rescan according to instructions above. Make sure you hear a click sound. Did not hear a click, try again. All connected and still do not get a read-it may indicate that your chamber is not full with milk. Few causes can be linked: too small sample size, bobbles, non-homogenized sample, sample not in RT, chamber leaking. Still not working? follow our troubleshooting guide, or contact us directly via the My Care Team Screen > MyMilk Tech support (opens chat).
Milk chamber is intended for multiple use, and need to be washed between samples, and after each use.
Wash chamber right after the use. Do not let milk sample stand in the chamber.
Flash the milk chamber under running Tap water. Use slow flow, and let the water stream entering the chamber pore.
* Do NOT use soap, or hot water
Dry the chamber pores and surface. Make sure that there are no drops of water in the chamber pores by tapping lightly on clean towel or drying paper. It is important that no water drops remain in the milk chamber for the next measurement. Drops of water in the sensing chamber will lead to incorrect measurement.
It is important to make sure that the surface of the chamber that contain the electrodes are completely dried, as drops can damage the signal.
! Keep the Mylee device a way from any liquids. The device contains electronics parts that can be damaged by liquids contact.
Your kit includes reference liquid for periodical checkup of the device. There is no need for routine check. In case of needs, you will instruct to perform a scan of the reference liquid. If performed Do NOT record the result in your App– Just share the value with MyMilk Support via the Appchat My Care Team Screen, and MyMilk team will check it with you.
- Avoid contact of device with mother’s nipple, and do not dip chamber to a feeding container. Do not use milk that was in contact with the scanner parts for any use.
- Keep children and infants out of reach.
- Keep the device shut down, in room temperature, in a dry safe place (don’t keep a wet parts in a closed bag/box).
- Protect it from falling, as it will break.
- Do not insert anything to the chamber except to human milk or tap water.
- Do not try to dry or clean the device and chamber parts with anything. Do not try to clean the device with soap or anything else. Use only running tap water soon after scanning.
- Do not disassemble, repair, or modify the device yourself.
- Avoid exposures to liquids. Do not wet the device. Only the chamber is intended for liquid contact.
- Do NOT sterilize the device or its parts. Do not expose it to boiled or hot water.
- You can carry it with you, in a closed bag, protected from damage. Do not leave it in the car. Avoid direct sunlight or liquid.
- The device contains low voltage batteries. Insufficient battery capacity affects the function and the accuracy of the measure. QA Check designed to monitor device performance.
JUST CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY CONCERN via the App chat at My Care Team screen, or via email@example.com
SYSTEM IS NOT INTENDED FOR DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT OF ANY MEDICAL CONDITION, AND THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS NOT A MEDICAL ADVICE. IN ANY CONCERN ABOUT YOUR BREASTFEEDING, YOUR BABY OR YOUR OWN HEALTH, CONTACT WITH LACTATION CONSULTANT OR YOUR HEALTHCARE PROVIDER.
STILL HAVING PROBLEMS?
Read our troubleshooting guide for common issues with the scanner or the App. We are working hard to improve it, but in the mean time…